Peter Mucklow was appointed Apprenticeships Director on 1 May 2020.
Responsible for the development and delivery of the apprenticeship programme. This includes the Apprenticeships 2020 reform programme to create a world-class, sustainable apprenticeship system offering higher quality employer-led apprenticeship opportunities to a diverse range of individuals which meet the skills needs of employers. Leads work around Traineeships and young people no longer in education, employment or training (NEETs).
His previous roles include:
- Director, Further Education
- Director, Intervention and Young People’s Funding Group, ESFA
- Director, Supporting Children and Young People Group, Department for Education (DfE)
- Deputy Director, Young People Division, DfE
- Director, Planning, Performance and Partnerships, Children and Young People’s Directorate, Sheffield City Council
- Deputy Director, Finance and Strategy; Children and Young People’s Directorate, Department for Children, Schools and Families
- Deputy Director, Workforce Development; Children and Young People’s Directorate, Department for Education and Skills (DfES)