Keith Smith has worked in the skills system for more than 20 years. He has worked closely with unemployed people running local job clubs and implementing local employment projects.
In recent years he has been leading the development and delivery of the national further education and apprenticeship funding systems. Keith has been a governor of a number schools and university technology colleges.
The Director, Funding and Programmes:
- is responsible for the apprenticeship levy and apprenticeship funding service
- leads the SFA’s work on policy and implementation for the adult education budget, apprenticeships, traineeships and qualifications
- is the budget holder for £3.2bn of public funding
- leads the funding of colleges, providers and employers
- responsible for designing and delivering all further education and apprenticeship funding systems
- leads the data collection and reporting functions for all further education programmes